Thursday, April 28, 2011

The Beginning

I am taking the first steps in adventuring.

In just over three months, I am moving to Palestine to volunteer with a local school.

This is a big change. I have lived in Fayetteville, Arkansas for almost five years now, and it is crazy to think I am leaving this area. It is even more unimaginable to think that I will being leaving the people here.
When I moved here to go to the university, I never would have imagined that I would love it so much.

I graduated last May, and for the past year, I have been interning with a campus ministry (Christ on Campus and lovingly called the Rockhouse) at the University of Arkansas. It is a lot of fun, but man, is it challenging.

Spring Break to New Orleans, about a third of our group (I'm in the middle, back, in white)

The semester is now really starting to wind down, and I am focusing more and more on the plans that God has for me in Palestine.


[http://www.internationalpeaceandconflict.org/photo]
I love this photograph. I think it is beautiful and touching.

I'm off to the little town of Bethlehem, a small town surrounded by a big wall.

Inside this wall is a christian school, Jerusalem School-Bethlehem;  a place of hope, good news and quality education. And I get the opportunity to teach 5th grade, experience Palestine, and love people in the little town of Bethlehem.







No comments:

Post a Comment